A Beautiful Theme   Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
      Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting             Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Herrick Plays Bach

Here's one I haven't come across before. Christopher Herrick did a complete Bach Organ Cycle for Hyperion, released back in 2002. Sixteen discs and 288 works of Organ Madness.

Hyperion's website offers up a generous serve of complete tracks, and I must say initial impressions are quite favorable. The only complete set I've listened to has been the Werner Jacob effort from EMI, and I found it a bit tough going - the organ sound was quite thick, and the tempos were a little sluggish. Then there's Koopman's Bach which I've yet to get round to.

In the meantime, I think Herrick gets my vote for OrganMeister - spritely and conceptual, have a blast here.